The Attorney Forms You Need, Without The Hassle...
We'll Get It Right First Time!
A lot of careful work is needed to successfully register LPA Forms from scratch. Just a small error made when preparaing the Forms can lead to their rejection by the 'Office of the Public Guardian' - often many weeks later. You're in safe hands with us. We've a 100% success rate!
Get in Touch for Help and Advice
Office of the Public Guardian Fees
The OPG requires that a Donor pay an 'Application to Register Fee' of £164 (£82 per LPA Form) where their gross annual income exceeds £12,000. If a Donor's gross annual income is less than £12,000 then they can claim 50% remission, and with supporting documentary evidence need only pay a total Fee of £82 (£41 per LPA Form).
Where a Donor is in receipt of certain means-tested benefits then, on the production of supporting evidence, they'll be exempt from the OPG's Fees. Qualifying benefits include 'Income Support'; the 'Pension Guarantee Credit' element of Pension Credit; 'Housing Benefit' and 'Council Tax Benefit' (not the 25% single person reduction).
"Thank you for being so responsive to us, and in a very professional yet personable manner... An excellent service."
- Mr Shepard, Billericay, Essex
Our LPA Service in Detail
Stage One: Provision of Your LPA Forms:
1. We'll discuss your wishes initially by phone, then in more detail in person. Our Fixed Fee Service includes one or more home meetings as required to complete all your documentation. Note: Unlike most lawyers and solicitors, we're happy to meet at a client's home on a Saturday or Sunday at no extra charge;
2. Once we've fully explained how the LPA Forms operate, and you've decided on your appointments and choices within the documents, we'll draft the LPA Forms for you to sign;
3. We'll certify the LPA Forms for you as your Certificate Provider;
4. For those Attorneys present when we meet you, we'll explain to them how the LPA Forms operate, discuss any queries they have and act as their witness when they sign their Attorney Statements;
5. For Attorneys not present when we meet you, we'll forward detailed instructions to them regarding the Attorney Statements they need to complete, and provide a full explanation of how the LPA Forms operate. We'll also discuss matters with them over the phone as required;
Stage Two: Registering Your LPA Forms for use via the 'Office of the Public Guardian' (OPG):
Your signed LPA Forms only become valid to use once the OPG have inspected and approved them. The OPG also require separate Registration Forms to be supplied alongside the LPA Forms, and there's a fixed process that must be adhered to as regards informing the Donor's 'Notifiable Persons' of Registration as well as payment of the OPG's Application to Register Fee.
6. We'll oversee the preparation and completion of your Registration Forms;
7. We'll write to your 'Notifiable Persons', advising them that your LPA Forms are being submitted to the OPG to be Registered, and enclosing the prescribed information they have to receive;
8. We'll process your applicable OPG Fee payment, plus any supporting claim for remission or exemption, as part of our work to Register your LPA Forms;
9. Your completed LPA Forms and Registration Forms will then be sent to the OPG by 'next day' Special Delivery;
10. Once the OPG have completed the Registration of your LPA Forms after 6-8 weeks and returned them to us, we'll ensure they're properly bound then forward them to you by Special Delivery.
11. For their future protection, we'll supply you with a quality plastic wallet folder to store your LPA Forms in, and we'll also give you a comprehensive Guide Book which outlines how your Attorneys can act and how the Mental Capacity Act 2005 applies to their role. We'll also email this Guide to your appointed Attorneys for their future reference.
Our Fixed Fee Service - Beware Cheap Imitators!
Our above Service is provided for a Total Fixed Fee of £595 including Vat, or £297.50 per LPA Form. This charge excludes any 'Application to Register Fee' payable to the OPG.
Ours is a very competitive fee for the time and work involved. Please beware of false offerings being made on the internet by some Companies to complete LPA Forms for as little as £80! Such firms are only supplying LPA Forms with your names and addresses added - they are NOT Certifying your LPA Forms or attending to the Registration of the LPA Forms as outlined above... Our Service IS The Complete Lasting Power of Attorney Service!